Local Fishing Opportunities
Enjoy an afternoon of fishing for Walleye, Northern Pike, Crappie, Blue Gill or Perch in the Mott area. Fishing in the Cannonball River has provided anglers many hours of fishing enjoyment. The river runs through town. Don't be surprised to pull in a walleye or Northern pike in excess of 5 pounds.
- Blickensderfer Dam - Two miles south, 1 mile east and 2 miles south of Mott. (bluegill, walleye, perch - no ramp, no facilities, walking access only)
- Castle Rock Dam - Two miles west, 11/2 miles south, and 11/2 miles west of Mott. (trout, largemouth bass)10 minutes from Mott.
- Mott Watershed Dam - North side of Mott. (largemouth bass, bluegill - fishing pier) 5 minutes from Mott.
- Cannonball River - Runs through Mott, public access in Legion Park.
- Indian Creek Dam - One and one-half miles west, 2 miles south, 2 miles west, and 3 miles south of Regent. (walleye, bluegill, smallmouth bass - campground, idle speed only) 20 minutes from Mott
- Larsen Lake - Two miles east of Regent. (pike, perch - primitive camping)
- Lake Tschida (Heart Butte) - Fifteen miles south of Glen Ullin. (crappie, walleye, catfish, perch - concession, campground, boat rental, idle speed only in designated areas) 45 minutes from Mott
- Sheep Creek Dam - Four miles south and 1/2 mile west of Elgin. (largemouth bass, trout, bluegill - fishing pier, campground, idle speed only)
Please follow all Licensing and Regulations in North Dakota.